Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting solution is related to stashing and/or sharing certain content on a web server hosted by a hosting provider. There are different categories of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's study these. In this way, you can elect what you need, based on whether you desire to create a blog, e-mail box accounts, or to share files with chums and partners.
- File hosting: a service provided by given companies, which lets you share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single objective is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a register of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file storage packages frequently involve ads by the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a given span of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly incongruous interpretation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would allot the load between separate bunches of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous web space hosting services (mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, webspace hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a variety of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; some firms provide a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting type is good if you want to share a huge quantity of pictures with mates or associates since the solution is usually free of cost. You will get a random link for each pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to taking care of your e-mail addresses. Some vendors provide web hosting solutions for web pages, but do not offer an email hosting solution. If you want to set up a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can set up mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a certain video, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video brings about a given amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of videos and several hundred site visitors, you may have trouble with your web hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will permit you to run as many video clips as you want to without bothering about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to own a website. To a certain extent, it comprises all of the abovementioned hosting groups since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload videos, and so on. At NTC Hosting, for instance, you can observe web hosting and dedicated web hosting plans that permit you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in one single place. There may be limits based on the type of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting package may be better or worse compared with the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are created for specific content exclusively.